Thermal underwear for tourists: it will warm in the cold and refresh in the heat
If you want your trip to be not only interesting and full of impressions, but also comfortable, then you need to take care of the right clothes and equipment in advance. For outdoor activities, this is all the more important – because a person needs to move a lot in the fresh air in any weather – rain, wind, heat and frost.
For clothing designed for use in cold weather, there is a classic rule of “three layers”: thermal underwear + fleece + outer membrane layer. Thermal underwear removes moisture and provides normal thermoregulation, the fleece layer warms up, and the outer layer (jacket and trousers from the membrane, with or without lining) protects from rain, snow and wind.
In this article we will tell you more about how to choose thermal underwear. Information provided by our partner, an expert in the field of clothing and equipment for tourists – Sportkult sportswear store. Here you can not only choose, but also try on thermal underwear, compare different models and find exactly the one that will be most convenient for you. Since thermal underwear usually lasts a long time, you need to approach your choice very responsibly.
For our visitors, the Sportkult store holds a promotion. All visitors who say the password “Rusadventures 20” will receive a 20% discount on all types of thermal underwear until February 15, 2018.
And now we will talk about some of the subtleties that are often unfamiliar to ordinary tourists.
What problems of a tourist does thermal underwear solve?
1. Wet ordinary materials in cold weather, which can lead to hypothermia and colds.
2. Wet laundry in hot weather, which can lead to discomfort, skin irritation due to a bacterial infection, overheating of the body and reduced stamina.
3. Ineffective storage of heat generated by the body at low activity (for example, during activities such as hunting and fishing).
4. Quick wear of things made of natural materials with high physical activity.
5. Clothing made from natural materials cannot have a compression effect, which helps the traveler better withstand prolonged physical activity.
6. Normal natural linen cannot be combined with membrane fabrics (gore windstopper), which also transport moisture from the linen to the outer layer, while effectively protecting the body from the wind. For example, membrane thermal shorts for the groin area are popular with travelers.
The main thing is to stay dry
One of the main functions of thermal underwear is the removal of moisture from the body. It is moisture that is one of the reasons for cooling. Due to the multi-channel structure of the fabric and almost zero absorbency, thermal underwear removes sweat and creates a feeling of warmth and comfort.
For this reason, it is strongly discouraged to use cotton underwear on trips, because cotton absorbs sweat while remaining wet for a long time. So if you want to protect yourself from hypothermia and the common cold, then give priority to thermal underwear, rather than classic linen made of cotton or ordinary synthetics.
Thermal underwear for men
Thermal underwear is especially popular among men. This is understandable – they are more likely than women to engage in active types of recreation. The male body produces more heat and, consequently, sweat during sports and active outdoor activities. The main thing is to choose a suitable model, taking into account the features of the figure and the requirements for heat conservation. Therefore, in order to choose men’s thermal underwear, it is better to either try on it directly in the store, or consult with managers who will select the model based on size.
Comfort in every situation
Many novice tourists and savage travelers are faced with the problem of uncomfortable linen and rubbing. In winter, when layers of warm clothing literally press on the skin, it is especially important to choose underwear with the correct cut and well-crafted seams. Thermal underwear has flat seams and an exact anatomical cut. Especially a lot of attention is paid to well-known brands. People with the most sensitive skin will be able to wear such sets for days without problems, actively move in them, sleep and not suffer from irritations, calluses and discomfort.